Bound at every limb by my shackles of fear
Sealed with lies through so many tears
Lost from within and hoping for an end
I don’t want to be lied to again
I will never be strong enough
I will never be good enough
I were never conceived in love
I will not rise above
You’ll never see
What I could really be
I wish I could once more see the smile on your face
I wish you would come back so that I can change
The ice melts in my empty glass as I stare at it with blind eyes. There is but one single shy light in the room emitting from the candles I have lit. It is cold and dark in here mimicking the world in my soul. I am in such turmoil, at such a loss I can barely keep myself from falling apart. There is so much I would like to say, but I know the time has since long passed. Now there is only pain and memory so intertwine that I can not separate them anymore.
If only words didn’t hurt so much, if only they didn’t cost so much when spoken or misused. I can not forget, I can not forgive the wrongs that I have made. Then how can I possibly ask you to do this impossible feat? I was burying myself in darkness, betrayal and lies when I should have been flying. And now I am still in the cold damp earth, looking for help when I know that I do not deserve it or would be given a chance to earn it.
I can taste the metallic zest of the blood in my mouth. I can see it on my lips. I have succumbed to the punishment I have to endure for my actions. My skin turns to dust and my mind slowly rots away. The candles died out, I need to get out.